16 June 2012

AppSense - Working with Else If Conditions


Hi,

Appsense introduced the Else If condition in version 8.1 or 8.2, I am not sure about that but it is one of the greates new conditions you get in EM. I will post an example where you could see, you powerful it is.

I have a XenApp 6.5 Farm with Office 2007 installed with various languages and I want to make sure, that the users from the various countries getting the correct language displayed. So I have a security group for each lanugange called: All_English, All_French, All_Italian and the default is german.
So the first thing I have made is a Process Started trigger for the different Office applications (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), then I am checking with a reusable node if you connect to the Citrix-Server and connecting via ICA so that language isn't changed for Administrators which are connecting via RDP. So here is a screenshot from the configuration right now:

Then I am configuring some Registry Keys which should prevent the users from any manual input on first start and doing some general Group policy actions.

And so the last thing is now to configure the language correctly for the different users with an Else If Condition. I am starting with the first one which is checking if the user is in the group All_English and configuring the group policies with the language for that and then add a new Else If for French and a new one for Italian and the last thing is an Else condition if the user is in none of the above groups to configure Office in German and thats it. I will attach some screenshot for you to better understand. The first one is a picture how I am checking the group membership in the If Condition. the second one is a overview of which GPOs I am setting. The third one, is the whole structure of the Else If condition.


So hopefully you now better understand or see how powerful this condition is to structure you configuration easier and faster.

Grettings

michael.obernberger

No comments:

Post a Comment